Pedro and Me is Judd Winick's graphic novel about his friendship with his
Real World roomate, Pedro Zamora. Pedro and Me is published by Henry Holt and Co.
- GLAAD Media Award for Best Comic Book
- 2000 Publisher's Weekly Best Book
- 2000 Bay Area Book Reviewers Award for Best in Children's Literature
- 2000 Eisner Nomination for Best Original Graphic Novel
- 2001 Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Honor Award
- 2001 Notable Children's Book Selection, American Library Association
- 2001 American Library Association Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Roundtable Nonfiction Honor book
- YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers.
- YALSA Notable Graphic Novels
- Bulletin Blue Ribbon Book
- Starred reviews: Publisher's Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, School Library Journal
- America's Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature Highly Recommended List
(Award sponsored by the national Consortium of Latin American Studies
"If you want a preview of next year`s Eisner awards, you should buy Pedro and Me. This is one of those rare books that makes me wish my ratings scale went to 11. Highly Recommended (10/10)"
-- Randy Lander
"...a credible legacy. Zamora would be proud."
-- Bulletin for the Center of Children's Books
"Pedro and Me is as lovely and resonant a tribute as one friend could possibly pay another. Judd Winick takes us beyond all those tilty camera angles into the realest world of all: the hearts and minds of the people who actually lived this wrenching but triumphant story. I was utterly captivated."
-- Armistead Maupin
(Tales of the City, Maybe the Moon,
and The Night Listener)
"Pedro and Me should be made compulsory reading. It's moving, honest, funny, and romantic. This is the real world in a way a T.V. series never could be."
-- Neil Gaiman
(Sandman, Neverwhere, Stardust)
A fine story.
-- Frank Miller
(The Dark Knight Returns, 300, Sin City)
"There are very few works that aim as high, or achieve as much, as Pedro and Me.--Five Stars"
-- COMIC SHOP NEWS